"Working together to build an educated, dedicated, loving,
and caring faith community preparing for the
challenge of life in a global society."
St. Mary of the Assumption School is a learning community dedicated to expanding minds, building faith, and serving others. Catholic Christian principles are interwoven throughout the entire curriculum. St. Mary of the Assumption School provides a warm, safe, supportive, and nurturing Christ centered environment. Weekly mass helps to strengthen students’ bond with God, along with daily religion class and frequent interaction with our on-site priest and deacon. Our innovative classroom teachers develop critical thinking skills through project based learning experiences to prepare students to succeed in high school and beyond.
six core characteristics of a st. mary's grad
At St. Mary of the Assumption, we strive to develop students who are:
- Faith filled Disciples of Christ: Students are called by Baptism and nourished by the Eucharist, active in the sacramental life of the Church through weekly participation in the Eucharist, centered in Gospel values and prayerful. As we describe the faith commitment, we understand that students of other faiths express these values in alternate faith commitments.
- Christian leaders: Students are decision makers whose consciences are formed by the teachings of the Catholic Church, witnesses to the faith, persons of integrity, respectful, committed to justice, collaborative, community builders, stewards of the environment, and active in parish life.
- Centered well-rounded persons: Students are self-confident, self-disciplined, open to growth, responsible, and are active, productive citizens practicing good sportsmanship.
- Loving persons: Students are compassionate, kind, forgiving, appreciative of diversity, welcoming, peaceful mediators, and respectful of the talents and abilities of others.
- Life-long learners: Students are articulate, creative, technologically literate, continually growing academically and spiritually, critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- Healthy persons: Students are respectful of life, leading physically, mentally, and spiritually healthy lifestyles, and committed to reaching their full potential.
FAITH IN ACTION
Saint Mary's students attend mass weekly with Fr. Tom. Students also have the opportunity to receive the sacrament of reconciliation throughout the year.
st. patrick's soup kitchen
Students have multiple opportunities to meet unmet needs in their community through service, including trips to St. Patrick's soup kitchen in Ohio City.
living stations of the cross
Student re-enactments enable them to reflect on and understand the Gospels, including a Living Nativity at Christmas and Living Stations of the Cross during Lent.